This amazing British singer and songwriter has touched hearts all around the world with her heartfelt lyrics and her divine voice. This Brit gem has influenced many people with her songs, which includes Beyonce Knowles! On her Birthday, we will tell you 10 things that you didn’t know about this ‘Rolling In The Deep’ singer!
1) Adele was born with the name Adele Laurie Blue Adkins. She prefers to be called as Adele as her stage name.
2) The singer stumbled on her influences Etta James and Dusty Springfield when she was looking for a new hairstyle in the Classics section of HMV. Err.. but why would she look for an hairstyle in record store?
3) Adele’s first taste of the limelight was when she performed Gabrielle’s song ‘Rise’ at her school. Reportedly, her mother made her a sparkly eye patch so that young Adele would look more like a singer.
4) The names of her albums ’19′ and ’21′ aren’t random numbers, after all. The numbers represent the ages that she wrote the material for her first two albums. We sense a pattern here!
5) Her hit sing ‘Someone Like You‘ was written about the 30-year-old man she dated for 18 months. She thought she was going to marry this guy, but shortly after the break-up she found out that he was about to marry some other girl and was devastated. She said that writing this song was therapy for her and that it set her free.
6) She had throat microsurgery in 2011, and was advised to give up smoking. But she is quoted as saying: “Smoking is my favorite thing to do in the world.”