We have all known Lady Gaga for her outrageous fashion sense and her exceptional musical capabilities, but there are some things that you probably don’t know about this fashionista. Born on March 28, 1986, we shall tell you some things that you oughta know about the Poker Face singer on her 28th birthday.
1. Lady Gaga’s real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.
2. Lady Gaga attended the Convent of the Sacred Heart, a private all-girls Roman Catholic school on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. It’s the same school that was featured in the hit TV series Gossip Girl.
3. She performed lead roles in high school productions, including Adelaide in Guys and Dolls and Philia in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.
4. By age 17, after becoming one of 20 students to gain early admission, she lived in an NYU dorm on 11th Street.
5. She also auditioned for various roles and won the part of an unsuspecting diner for MTV’s Boiling Points, a prank reality television show.
6. Lady Gaga withdrew from the Collaborative Arts Project 21 (CAP21) at 19 in the second semester of her sophomore year, deciding to focus on her musical career.
7. Her name ‘Lady Gaga’ comes from the Queen’s song Radio Ga Ga.
8. Lady Gaga has written songs for Britney Spears and label-mates New Kids on the Block, Fergie, and The Pussycat Dolls.
9. Her first hit album The Fame was first released on August 19, 2008, to slow radio play.
10. Her hit song Poker Face was about her bisexuality.
11. Since July 2011, Lady Gaga has been dating actor/model Taylor Kinney. They first met while working on the music video for her song You and I.