You may know him as a legendary actor. Few of those around his age know him as a comedian. But wait, he’s also a director, producer, lyricist – and we’re not yet done. Born way back in 1926, on the 28th of June, Mel Brooks can now boast of a really long career. Originally, his name was Melvin Kaminsky, but he decided that he would be professionally called Mel Brooks. Well, now, he’s also the proud winner of both a Grammy award, and an Academy award too! As we wish him a very happy birthday today, we take a look at the legend’s best quotes. Some of these are absolutely hilarious, and we know you’ll like them too. Enjoy.
10. Life literally abounds in comedy if you just look around you.
9. If presidents can’t do it to their wives, they do it to their country.
8. He who hesitates is poor.
7. Look, I don’t want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you’re alive you’ve got to flap your arms and legs, you’ve got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you’re not alive.
6. Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.
5. Bad taste is simply saying the truth before it should be said.
4. You’re always a little disappointing in person because you can’t be the edited essence of yourself.
3. Immortality is a by-product of good work.
2. Everything we do in life is based on fear, especially love.
1. As long as the world is turning and spinning, we’re gonna be dizzy and we’re gonna make mistakes.