World No. 2 Novak Djokovic defeated Ernests Gulbis 6-3, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 in semi-final to march into the finals of the French Open where he will play world No. 1 Rafael Nadal. The Serbian player has never won the French Open and it remains the only Grand Slam missing from his shelf. Here are five facts about Djokovic the Joker.
1) Novak Djokovic has six Grand Slam singles to his name and previously held onto the No. 1 spot in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) rankings for 100 weeks.
2) In 2011 Djokovic won three Grand Slam titles and became only sixth male player to achieve such feat in a calendar year. He has also won three consecutive Australian Open titles the only man to do so in Open Era.
3) In 2012 when Djokovic reached the French Open final, he became the ninth player in the Open Era to make it to final of all four Grand Slam singles not only this he did it consecutively and became fifth player to do so.
4) Djokovic is the first Serbian player to win multiple Grand Slams and also first Serbian to be ranked No. 1 for more than 100 weeks. He is the first male player representing Serbia to win a Grand Slam title.
5) Djokovic has several awards in his kitty some prominent ones include the 2011 Laureus World Sports Award for Sportsman of the year and ESPY’s Best Male Tennis Player Award in 2012. He has won ATP World Tour Player of the Year consecutively for two years from 2011-2012.