The Band Baaja Baaraat star, Anushka Sharma born on 1st May, 1988 turns 26 today. Here are ten facts that you may have not known about the actress:
1. Anushka Sharma was born in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh to Colonel Ajay Kumar Sharma and housewife mother, Ashima Sharma. She was later brought up in Bangalore.
2. Anushka Sharma shifted to Bombay to pursue her modelling career under Wendell Rodricks at the Lakme Fashion Week. After this, she went on to sign a three – movie contract with the Yash Raj Studios and you all know what happened next.
3. Anushka Sharma was already in a relationship when she first came to Bombay with a man named Zoheb. However, the long distance relationship didn’t quite work out and they parted ways.
4. Anushka Sharma’s favourite colour is black.
5. Anushka Sharma has been nominated 20 different times at several award functions. Out of this, she has bagged 11 awards.
6. Anushka Sharma has recently been signed on for Zoya Akhtar’s next film about a dysfunctional Punjabi family starring Farhan Akhtar, Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra.
7. Her favourite Bollywood actor is Shahrukh Khan. However, her favourite co – star still remains Ranveer Singh.
8. She recently turned into a producer for Navdeep Singh’s next. This makes her one of the youngest producers in Bollywood.
9. Anushka Sharma has an elder brother who followed his father’s footsteps into Army.
10. Anushka’s recent change in appearance especially with regards to her lips is nothing but a temporary enhancing tool that she used only for her role in her upcoming movie, Bombay Velvet.
We wish her a very happy birthday and hope that she retains her bubbly personality all throughout!