Indian leg of IPL 2014 opens with a match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings. It is homecoming for Dhoni and co. with an advantage of favourable conditions while for KKR a challenge to unsettle the CSK’s winning streak. We take a look at some trivia involving the former champions.
1) Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders have faced each other 12 times with majority of wins going CSK’s way. Eight times CSK has defeated KKR.
2) CSK has won four games batting first and equal number of games batting second.
3) KKR’s has won three matches while chasing and one by defending the target.
4) Manvinder Bisla’s 92 is the highest score by a KKR batsman.
5) No KKR bowler has taken four or more wickets in an innings against CSK.
6) KKR has never scored 200 or more against CSK, 192-5 is their highest team total against men in yellow.
7) Michael Hussey’s 95 is the highest individual score by a CSKian against KKR. He scored it last season.
8) Makhaya Ntini’s 4-21 in inaugural season remain the best bowling figures for CSK vs. KKR.
9) Chennai Super Kings has once crossed 200 run total against KKR. In 2013 CSK scored 200/3.
Kolkata Knight Riders defeated Chennai Super Kings by five wickets to lift their maiden championship in 2012 season.